Thursday, September 18, 2008

What ....No ribbon.....


Jeff's brother and wife are celebrating 25 years of marriage. Scotty has always been my buddy. Back when Jeff and I were just courtin, Scotty would pop in to visit. We made salsa together, laugh, listen to music, and have a wonderful time. The poor boy loves music, but he is not able to really sing or play anything, so he conducts the music that comes out of his stereo. One year for his birthday I figured he should have the correct attire for his position as a conductor. Jeff and I got him a batton and a dark suit coat. Now he conducts his Boise stereo in style. He is a very handy guy to know. He built our deck, the screen door for our summer room, and also put together my great craft table with peg board. He fixes things. He pulled my car out of a snowbank on a road I should not have been on. We rode to work together for years. He is one in a million.


This is the card for Scotty and his wife. I love the shimmery white cardstock and the linen vellum, boy do I need vellum pop dots if they have them. I used extra thick platinum embossing powder because I did not have any silver. I was worried that the words would not show clearly as it is pretty heavy duty stuff. My dear hubby bought this stuff for me for my birthday one year. As you can tell from most of my cards I love ribbon, but there is no place for ribbon. So I think this looks a little naked.....

3 comments:

1 Crafty Gal said...

What a beautiful card Cyd!

Birdbrain said...

Doesn't need ribbon. It's perfect the way it is.

MezzoKat said...

It's beautiful! I agree; no ribbon needed. What a great story, too!