Monday, March 3, 2008

Vacation is planned



Okay I will admit it, I am Great Lakes' junkie. Ever since the first time I saw Lake Superior coming down the hill on Interstate 35, it has been a love affair. We have been talking about vacations a lot this year and hoping to get to go. First we talked about Niagra Falls. That would have been so cool. There are Inkstainers close by. Then we talked about Maine and Vermont. DH is really into wanting to go to Vermont. Finally this weekend we decided on the East Coast of the Lake Michigan and the West Coast of Lake Huron. Actually we will be at Lake Superior too. I have our reservations made. St. Ignace, Days Inn on the shore of Lake Huron with a room looking out at Mackinaw Island and a balcony. DH wants to go to the Soo Locks so we will be driving up to them from St Ignace. Then after a couple of days we are heading down to Traverse City Michigan and staying on the bay at The Beach Condos on the 3 floor looking out on the bay. After that down to Holland (no lake view room or even close) but we will be visiting a dutch village. On the way home we will be going to Genoese, Illinois to see my brother and his fiance and hopefully my niece who is working on her masters. My nephew is in Chicago, so it would be great if he could come down too. Anyway that is our hope. It is also close enough we can be home in a day if necessary.




Anyway this is a card that I made for a challenge on inkstains presented by Robin. Make a card with a photograph in it. This is a rainbow that I saw while in my front yard last summer.

3 comments:

MezzoKat said...

Cindy, it was such a lovely surprise to find your comment on my blog! It made me realize how long it's been since I've made a new entry; winter storm pics coming up!

Michelle said...

You have a wonderful trip planned. You'll be busy I'm sure. I can't wait to hear all about it. Take lots of photos!

1 Crafty Gal said...

Whoa! That is gorgeous!
Have a great time on your vacation...sounds awesome!